Our client SAL, Silicon Austria Labs is one of the most exciting scientific research cluster organizations for electronic-based systems in Europe. In a strong collaboration between the scientific community and leading (micro)electronics companies our client carries out globally recognized technology research to create the basis for groundbreaking products and processes in the areas of Sensor Systems, RF Systems, Power Electronics, System Integration Technologies, and Embedded Systems. Currently we are mandated to find the
Head of Research Division RF Systems and Member of SAL Management Board (m/w/d)
As Research Division Head for RF and responsible site manager for the research site in Linz you are a member of the SAL Management Board. Your tasks in detail:
- Leading the Research Division RF (radio frequency) and the SAL Research Lighthouse “6G” towards research excellence.
- General site management and responsibility for the SAL site Linz.
- Member of SAL Management Board together with the CEO/CTO in Graz and the General Site Manager of Villach.
- Business ownership for the SAL Research Lighthouse “6G”.
- Acquisition of cooperative, funded and contract research projects with national and international industry and research partners.
- Leading and supporting the Research Unit Heads and Team Leaders of the Division in Linz and Villach.
- Shaping the SAL research program and research infrastructure portfolio together with the CTO and the Research Division Head peers.
- Stakeholder management in the EBS research eco-system in Upper Austria, Austria, and Europe.
- University graduate (PhD preferred) in telecommunications, electrical engineering, information technologies, or similar.
- Strong technical leadership experience in RF & Wireless technologies, ideally combined with network to Austrian and European research organizations operating this ecosystem.
- Business mindset and experience in research co-operations with semiconductor industry, SMEs, and industrial users of RF & Wireless technologies.
- Experienced in people management and leading R&D teams (>25 HC) with team leads.
- Technical knowledge of concepts and architectures of smart & connected electronic based systems, namely in some of the following areas:
- 4G/5G and 6G RF systems
- WIFI, BT, LoRA, UWB
- Radar systems and solutions
- Integrated Circuits and Systems (RF, BB)
- Signal Processing and Embedded Machine Learning
- Wireless communications
- Multi-year experience in planning and execution of research and development projects with scientific/innovative targets. Experience from applied research centers is a plus.
Our client offers
- The opportunity and challenge to shape and grow one of the most exciting RF system research centers globally.
- An already highly performing research team with world-class key research and laboratory infrastructure.
- Attractive and competitive compensation scheme depending on your experience and qualifications, with a salary range between EUR 120.000 and EUR 150.000(annual total package, including overtime and bonus).
- Additional fringe benefits
Please send your application via email with the reference IB-SBZ-DPH-03 to firstname.lastname@example.org
kommen Sie einfach in unseren Talentepool und wir machen Ihnen Jobangebote, die zu Ihnen und Ihrer beruflichen Entwicklung passen.Talentepool beitreten